Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who can (1) monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals; (2) keep up-to-date on key financial news developments and assess the impact of real-time Dataminr signals; and (3) be the in-house expert on a specific sector or industry from a financial news perspective.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience or interest covering cryptocurrency, financial, or corporate news
- Passion for cryptocurrency industry developments—work experience a plus
- Ability to monitor, analyze and verify data quickly
- Passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter) and following financial markets, world news and current events
- Understanding of cyber security
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Experience in a real-time/breaking news environment is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency a plus
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Genomics Scientist- FDA Specialist
DNAnexus, Washington DC
Director of Analytics
Flatiron School, New York
Technical Analyst - Publisher Solutions
Vistar Media, New York, NY
Senior Data Analyst
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Auto Industry Research Manager
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Insight Data Science Fellows Program - Boston
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting September 10, 2018 (Early Applications due May 7) - Boston