Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading real-time information discovery company. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any other source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
Our ascent to being the most exciting company in New York City and the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” as well as security professionals in both the corporate and public sectors has led to numerous accolades and achievements. We’ve been named #13 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. We’ve crafted a culture that promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a dedicated software engineer interested in building end-to-end Machine Learning systems. You will be working closely with Data Scientists to tackle challenging data problems, including: classification, event detection, improve search relevancy, and understand social media content.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years experience professional experience in Java or Scala and experience with Python
- Strong knowledge in machine learning techniques such as classification and natural language processing
- Familiar with TensorFlow or other Machine Learning libraries
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop/MapReduce
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to solve open-ended problems in an elegant, scalable manner
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer - Internship Summer 2018
Kensho, Cambridge, MA
Rights Acquisition Engineering - Senior UI Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Project Manager(Local delivery)
Senior Platform Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - API/ ERP
Wish, Toronto, Canada
Senior Software Engineer - Major Cities
Mark43, New York Office