Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news to a growing technology start up. You are a team player and thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in one or more Asian languages and be our in house expert on the propagation of media across Asia. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on breaking news in Asia
- Create white papers and presentations to educate internal team
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, Asian studies and/or Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian (Bahasa) or Malay languages to monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals
- Conduct both qualitative and technical research to assess new product features and provide feedback to engineering and product teams
- QA software and identify any issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; concentration in in journalism, Asian studies, terrorism/conflict issues, foreign language or closely related field strongly preferred
- Primary Language: Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian (Bahasa) or Malay (Native-level fluency preferred)
- Fluency in English required
- 1-5 years’ experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on Asia or prior experience in the government or military.
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- Demonstrated expertise and a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter) and following world news and current events
- Technical knowledge of APIs and Data Analytics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Photo Editor(图片编辑)6month contract
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Senior Branded Environment Designer
Landor, San Francisco
Dubbing Producer, International Dubbing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Hypebeast, New York
Associate Art Director, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Freelance Assistant Editor, Branded Video
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles