Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading real-time information discovery company. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any other source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
Our ascent to being the most exciting company in New York City and the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” as well as security professionals in both the corporate and public sectors has led to numerous accolades and achievements. We’ve been named #13 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. We’ve crafted a culture that promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are highly motivated and passionate about working with public sector clients. By prospecting and building a brand new book of business with law enforcement first responders, you’ll elevate their workflow and ensure that Dataminr’s critical alerts are getting into the right hands at the right time so new clients can make faster decisions.
- Drive new revenue by managing the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business with a diverse set of public-sector agencies to meet quarterly targets
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform, and maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information and social media use-cases
- Demonstrate platform capabilities to audiences ranging from senior public-sector officials to the individual user level
- Train and support new users on-site or virtually through video teleconference
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes; integrate Dataminr into clients’ workflow and recommend best practices for users
- Predict and forecast potential client use-cases; identify innovative methods by which clients can utilize Dataminr in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Attend various industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Collect client feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminr’s engineering and product teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years of SaaS experience selling to and/or directly supporting public sector agencies
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including but not limited to law enforcement, emergency management, public information, fire, and public health
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically as needed (approx. 30-40%)
- Good attitude and sense of humor are a must!
- Open to remote work in Los Angeles
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Index Exchange, San Francisco
Business Development Specialist
LiveIntent, New York City
Business Development Manager
Deliveroo, Business Bay, Dubai
OnDeck, Denver, CO
Enterprise Account Executive - State and Local Government
Qualtrics, Field-based opportunity
Publisher Account Manager, SMB
Taboola, New York