Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has experience writing in a deadline-oriented atmosphere. You are passionate about news, international relations, and have high editorial and journalism standards!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, International relations, Political Science, Government, or Economics, or Foreign Language
- Previous experience as a copy editor is preferred
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to operate under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of international affairs
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- A keen eye for detail
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Foreign language abilities are a plus
- Ability to work weekends when required
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
News Video Operations Manager
BuzzFeed, New York
Senior Editor, Departures
Time Inc., New York, NY
Food Editor, Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Senior Software Engineer, Network Tools
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Shopping & Products Writer
Freelance Writer, Memphis
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group