Min. Experience: 3+ Years Experience
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news to a growing technology start up. You are a team player and thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in Arabic and Farsi to be our in house expert on the propagation of media across the Middle East. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Middle Eastern conflict, news and developments
- Create white papers and presentations to educate internal team
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, Middle Eastern studies and Arabic/Farsi language to monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals
- Conduct both qualitative and technical research to assess new product features and provide feedback to engineering and product teams
- QA software and identify any issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; concentration in in journalism, Arabic studies, terrorism/conflict issues, Middle Eastern Studies or closely related field strongly preferred
- Primary Language: Arabic AND Farsi or just Farsi (Native-level fluency preferred)
- Fluency in English required
- 1-5 years’ experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on the Middle East or prior experience in the government or military
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly in both Arabic/Farsi and English
- Demonstrated expertise and a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter) and following world news and current events
- Technical knowledge of APIs and Data Analytics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch with bi-monthly company dinner outings
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Salary commensurate with experience beginning at 40k GBP.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Fullsatck Developer
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Los Angeles
Technical Solution Consultant
Zuora, New York
Contact Center Data Analyst
Christian Care Ministry, Melbourne, FL
Principal Software Engineer (Performance)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, Fl
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Denver