Domain Expert, Editor
Dataminr, Dublin, Ireland
Real-time Information Discovery
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Title: Domain Expert, Editor
Location: Dublin, Ireland
About the role:
Dataminr’s Editors are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making the AI platform more advanced. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label and edit signals from our data feeds in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects and meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) serves as the in-house expert on Editorial style.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; ideally with a concentration in journalism, English, international affairs, history
- Deep understanding of geopolitical risk issues that affect all continents and industries.
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment in both English and relevant language, if necessary.
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly available data
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus
- Monitor and analyze our data feeds and the quality of our signals
- Annotate complex breaking news events
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate and communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
Why you should work here:
- Remote working stipend
- Wellness support with Ginger IO and a wellness app fund
- Professional Development Fund
- Ad hoc remote company activities including wellness classes
- Employee referral program
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr’s job candidate privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/irecandidatenotice
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one