Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster and stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, and determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, and finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
Based in NYC, a career at Dataminr offers the ability to make an individual impact at a rapidly growing tech startup while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009, backed by the world’s leading venture and growth technology investors, and 300 talented employees around the globe.
Who you are:
Our web stack uses NodeJS/Express, React+Redux and Docker amongst many others. Our mobile stack uses a blend of Objective-C, Java and React Native for iOS and Android.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with teams in engineering, business development and client services to deliver groundbreaking products for our clients.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and inbox.
- get up to speed on our web and mobile stack with overview sessions and deep dives with our team.
- be contributing code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- develop features in the web, mobile and service layer across many apps.
- be sharing responsibility for several apps and shared components with your team.
- help to plan new features and architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring new members of the growing team.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- be designing significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- be influential in the direction of the team’s technical roadmap, introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of clients and streamlines developer experience.
- grow a diverse team to make sure we have the right mix of skills, experience and approach for the future.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer
Classy, San Diego HQ
Thermal Analysis Engineer
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Manager of Power Electronics Hardware Engineering
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions - Platform Reliability Engineer
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, New York, Toronto
Software Engineer: Full-stack
Postmates, San Francisco