Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the world's real-time information discovery company that turns information chaos into opportunity using groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector, corporate security and communications industries.
Headquartered in New York City with over 400 employees, Dataminr has raised over $570 million from leading venture and growth technology investors. Along the way, we've been referred to as the "super tool of journalists and hedge funds" while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, and the Forbes Cloud 100 in 2017 and 2018.
Working at Dataminr means you'll be a part of a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
About Sales at Dataminr:
Being part of our dynamic sales team means you have the opportunity to make a unique and meaningful impact on the company and the organizations we serve. Here are some things you can expect as a salesperson at Dataminr:
- A dollar-for-dollar, uncapped commission plan
- Six months to ramp up before your full target kicks in
- A comprehensive sales training program
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices (and you can always use your Professional Development Fund for anything additional!)
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance and learning opportunities (you can also take part in our Mentorship Program!)
- A culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You are a professional and highly motivated salesperson who is passionate about contributing to the success of our newly launched Corporate Communications vertical by generating demand for our product and closing new business. You’ll leverage your in depth knowledge of social media and its impact in PR and Communications to build relationships and drive new business.
- Drive new revenue by leveraging existing and developing new relationships directly with Corporate Communications departments within Fortune 500 companies and PR and Communications agencies
- Develop deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of our newest vertical
- Manage the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Raise awareness of our product in the PR industry as a thought leader in social media alerting
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience prospecting and closing new business
- Thorough understanding of social media and its impact in PR and Communications
- Extensive quota driven sales experience and in-depth knowledge of the sales cycle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to travel (40%)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Representative
Key Account Director - Poland
Senior Solutions Architect
Acquia, Remote - Japan
Sales Development Representative
Gather, Atlanta, GA
Strategic Account Manager
Jampp, San Francisco, US
Account Manager (Property), SG