Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading real-time information discovery company. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any other source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
Our ascent to being the most exciting company in New York City and the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” as well as security professionals in both the corporate and public sectors has led to numerous accolades and achievements. We’ve been named #13 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. We’ve crafted a culture that promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a professional and highly motivated salesperson who is passionate about contributing to the success of our newly launched Corporate Communications vertical by generating demand for our product and closing new business. You’ll leverage your in depth knowledge of social media and its impact in PR and Communications to build relationships and drive new business.
- Drive new revenue by leveraging existing and developing new relationships directly with Corporate Communications departments within Fortune 500 companies and PR and Communications agencies
- Develop deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of our newest vertical
- Manage the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Raise awareness of our product in the PR industry as a thought leader in social media alerting
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience prospecting and closing new business
- Thorough understanding of social media and its impact in PR and Communications
- Extensive quota driven sales experience and in-depth knowledge of the sales cycle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to travel (10%)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Development Representative
Samsara, San Jose
Customer Success Executive (French)
Wombat Security Technologies, Pittsburgh
Director, Enterprise Sales
Yext, San Francisco, CA
Customer Success Executive (Greek)
Liftoff, Palo Alto