Account Executive, Public Relations & Crisis Communications
Dataminr, New York
Real-time Information Discovery
Min. Experience: 4+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading real-time information discovery company. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any other source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
Our ascent to being the most exciting company in New York City and the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” as well as security professionals in both the corporate and public sectors has led to numerous accolades and achievements. We’ve been named #13 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. We’ve crafted a culture that promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a professional and highly motivated salesperson who is passionate about contributing to the success of our newly launched Public Relations and Crisis Communications vertical by generating demand for our product and closing new business. You have a thorough understanding of the Public Relations industry, a strong track record of building relationships and are excited about the opportunity to drive new business and excel in a fast paced startup environment.
- Drive new revenue by leveraging existing and developing new relationships directly with PR & Crisis Communications agencies and Corporate Communications departments within Fortune 500 companies
- Work closely with our marketing, product development and technology teams to refine our go-to-market strategy, elicit product engagement and customer satisfaction
- Using your expertise in PR, you will develop appropriately deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of our newest vertical
- Manage the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Establish and enforce regular reporting against success benchmarks to infuse a culture of performance management for every stage of the sales cycle
- Raise awareness of our product in the PR industry as a thought leader in social media alerting
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top tier institution in a related field
- 4+ years of experience in PR, crisis communications or corporate communications or in a sales focused role
- Extensive quota driven sales experience and in-depth knowledge of the sales cycle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated ability to prospect and close new business
- In-depth understanding of PR tools, social media and enterprise software/SaaS
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM platform
- Ability to travel (10%)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.