Sales Development Representative, Corporate Risk
Min. Experience: 1-3 years of experience
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company please keep reading!
Who you are:
Dataminr is looking for a dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying outbound opportunities for our Corporate Risk vertical. As the SDR, you will be focused on targeting prospects who represent our ideal customer profile, conducting research and setting up qualified meetings for our Account Executives. You are coachable, bring a positive attitude and eager to excel in a sales career.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new market interest and exceeding team goals.
- Build, maintain and exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals and defined objectives
- Strategize with top-producing Account Executives and Sales Managers to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone and email outreach
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) to prospect
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience
- Prior sales and prospecting experience at a software or technology company highly preferred
- Experience prospecting into enterprise level or Fortune 500 clients highly preferred
- Self-starter who can multitask and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Must be able to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch with bi-monthly company dinner outings
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.