Research Internship, Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems (Summer 2022)
Dataminr, New York, NY, United States
Real-time Information Discovery
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Experience: PhD/Graduate Students
Who you are:
You’re a Ph.D. candidate who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI, working in a highly collaborative environment and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team on a specific project to be completed during the internship.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Ideal candidates will have had prior internship experience.
- Outstanding publication record in the candidate’s field of study (CIKM, WSDM, ICWSM, ICML, KDD, NeurIPS, RecSys, SIGIR, WWW, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.