Technical Support Engineer
Dataminr, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Real-time Information Discovery
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a technology professional with experience supporting enterprise-level users in a fast-paced, demanding environment. You bring top-notch communication skills, a passion for troubleshooting, and a patient and cheerful attitude to provide outstanding customer experiences every day.
You have extensive experience in providing email and phone support to assist customers with product questions and issues. You're experienced in knowledge-centered support as well as creating and maintaining a knowledge base of product content.
You're excited about becoming a Dataminr product expert and providing customer and technical support to our existing Dataminr customers.
- Become an expert on all Dataminr products and proactively learn to support new features as they are developed.
- Take charge of all customer issues, including questions about product functionality, initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, issue resolution, and communication.
- Work with internal teams to include Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc. in identifying product defects, testing, and designing solutions.
- Be an active contributor to our knowledge base and other support documentation.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday 01:00 pm - 08:00 pm Melbourne local time
- Must be available to work on weekends and on an “on-call” after-hours rotation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a customer-facing technical software support role (not IT); preferably at SaaS companies and or startups.
- You have experience inspecting and diagnosing issues in web applications, iOS, and Android applications, and API implementations.
- You have bug flow reproduction, log review, and problem isolation troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using Zendesk, Jira, or other CRM and issue project tracking software.
- Experience authoring, structuring, and administering documents for training and knowledge bases.
- Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently in the absence of immediate supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical terms in an easy-to-understand, non-technical manner.
- A commitment to providing extraordinary customer experiences and tenacity to drive issues to resolution.
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as Health insurance with dental cover and vision care
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at [email protected] or our Legal department at [email protected].
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Account Executive, Central South
BetterUp, Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi...