Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 7+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
As our Director, Product Marketing, you will be responsible for helping drive our marketing solutions product portfolio, and support commercial product strategy. You will collaborate with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams to build customer demand and drive sales for Dataminr’s suite of products. You will work with Revenue Operations and Product to develop a bundling strategy, and commercial plan for individual product and feature deliveries. You will also partner with Sales to take product to market - developing positioning and messaging, along with marketing materials, events and campaigns.
You understand the importance of how to position and launch solutions that help Dataminr reach our customers with precision. You have strong experience translating technical features into value, benefit, and differentiator statements, and turning problems into solutions with commercial success.
This is an excellent opportunity for a results-driven, go-getter to help drive success in a fast growing tech start-up. The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of product marketing success, ideally within a SaaS or B2B technology focused organization. This role reports to the EVP, Marketing & Communications.
- Analyze competitive, customer and internal data to identify opportunities to package Dataminr’s product offerings together to drive broader adoption of the products and increase revenue
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy
- Partner to build commercial plan for product releases
- Develop and execute product positioning and messaging
- Drive go-to-market plans for product releases, internally and externally; Create and execute marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption both among employees, existing clients, and prospects (as appropriate)
- Collaborate with sales to translate product capabilities into effective problem/solution stories
- Write solution sheets, presentations, messages and FAQs; Partner with Product to train internal teams
- Partner with other marketing groups and sales to ensure the translation of the Dataminr brand and Point of Difference to sales strategies and tools
- Research and maintain technical competitive intelligence in key usage areas and markets
- Participate in the creation of thought leadership including social media, webinars, podcasts, videos, etc
- Report on product marketing activity results across the organization
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 7+ years of progressive product marketing experience, with a focus on Enterprise Software products
- Proven track record in product marketing, developing highly effective positioning, messaging, sales tools, presentations and online content
- Strong project management and cross-functional coordination skills
- Ability to discuss value in metric-driven business terms
- Sales-driven philosophy that enables field success and revenue capture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - must be comfortable presenting to a wide range of audiences, from senior executives at customers, to large audiences, to relatively technical people; must be able to create original content, edit existing content, etc.
- Curiosity and a strategic mindset when it comes to bringing products to market
- Leadership aptitude, and the ability to motivate, challenge and collaborate with stakeholders involved in the process
- Ability to identify and solve for gaps
- Ability to work across departments with various personalities and skill sets in a fast-paced environment
- Examples of work will be required
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Marketing Specialist - Houston
Lyft, Houston, TX
Junior Local Market Rep
Weedmaps, Boulder, Colorado, United States
Digital Producer - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Publicity Manager, APAC
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Digital Account Manager
Time Inc., New York, NY
Product Marketing Manager (New York)
BuzzFeed, New York