Min. Experience: 5+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading real-time information discovery company. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any other source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
Our ascent to being the most exciting company in New York City and the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” as well as security professionals in both the corporate and public sectors has led to numerous accolades and achievements. We’ve been named #13 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, with a growing office in London, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. We’ve crafted a culture that promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are an experienced and professional manager who is highly motivated and has experience managing in a deadline-oriented atmosphere. You are passionate about news, international relations, technology, and have high journalism standards!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Journalism, International relations, Government, or English
- 5-10 years experience in broadcast journalism covering spot news at a media organization focused on breaking news
- Experience leading a team with no oversight (previous full-time management experience required)
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- Strong understanding of international geopolitics
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Passion for technology, strong grasp of social media (Twitter!) and following world news and current events
- Demonstrated ability to develop employees professionally
- Mature and calm attitude to address personnel and editorial issues in a real-time environment
- Strong capability to quickly and effectively communicate complex events
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Bi- monthly team events
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Internal Audit & SOX
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
XO Group, New York
Revenue Accounting Analyst
Pinterest, San Francisco
BarkBox, New York, NY
Operations Director, Government Relations
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Contract Immigration & Relocation Specialist
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA