Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner with a talented team of developers to develop, design, and implement scalable and future-proof software solutions
- Enhance our internal and client-facing web portals
- Solve interesting and challenging problems from refactoring to design and testing
- Audit, evaluate, and refactor existing legacy code
- Participate in an energized agile software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of PHP or another high-level web-centric programming language (e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- 3+ years of full stack OOP experience
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as our needs evolve
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience with relational database design principles (e.g., MySQL)
- Knowledge of the MVC Architectural Pattern
- Experience with API development.
- Familiarity with one or more development frameworks (Zend, RoR, Symfony)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Backend (NYC and remote)
Pager, New York City
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Content Understanding
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA
Senior Software Engineer
Software Development Engineer, Store Experience
Frontend Engineering Manager
CircleCI, Anywhere from UTC-8 to UTC+1
Full Stack Engineer
JW Player, New York