Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a problem solver, team player and also have a passion for software quality.
A Look Inside the Job:
- You will ensure that Datto’s hardware and software products are innovative and of the highest quality
- Participate as a Quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Perform product performance testing, usability testing, and compatibility testing
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management
- Build detailed test specifications (functional, environments, resources) that transition into test strategies for existing and new features
- Execute detailed test plans
- Increase coverage of automated testing by creating system level test plans
- Participate in release processes for your assigned project
- Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Educate your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Maintain your test environment
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports
- Provide ongoing test activity status to Scrum Master, Team Coordinator and Product Manager
- Recommend improvements to the QA methodology
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with manual testing, testing applications, testing sites and automation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting (equivalent Windows knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience working with a cloud solution
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Experience with writing automated tests with a framework such as pytest
- Experience with APIs and API automated testing
- Strongly documentation minded with an ability to document in extreme detail
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Dedication to collaboration
- Deep understanding of software product cycles
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
- Patience is key
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Understanding of COW or distributed file systems such as CEPH, ZFS, Btrfs
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana
- Experience with monitoring services such as Datadog and Grafana
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.