As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As a member of the Strategic Data Projects & Metrics team, the Strategic Data Analyst will design, implement and document effective database solutions and models to store and enable access to a wide array of corporate data. This individual will partner with stakeholders to deliver analytic insights that guide strategic initiatives and operational improvements. They will develop an understanding of all the available sources of data and collaborate on the development and implementation of plans for integrating, maintaining and expanding the centralized data repository. This individual will document how the data relates to current organizational processes and help the organization to understand and anticipate how future process changes will impact data integrity and data capture needs.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Understand, conceptualize and implement analytic solutions to improve data quality and consistency and to establish procedures and methodology to ensure data accuracy and consistency of use
- Identify new data sources and develop new and / or improved processes for data acquisition and analysis to inform strategic business decisions
- Manage and manipulate multiple large data sets, integrating data from disparate sources, cleansing and transforming it into curated access layers for analytic use
- Help to develop and maintain a data dictionary, business glossary and corporate lexicon that documents data lineage, technical processes and business rules.
- Be a strategic information resource to help users understand the different data sources available and assist stakeholders in analyzing and drawing sound conclusions from often conflicting or incomplete information.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and implement analytic solutions that inform and guide strategic business decisions.
- Bachelor’s and / or advanced degree in Data Architecture, Information Management, Data Engineering, Data Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in database design, data acquisition, data transformation and analytics
- Strong knowledge of database systems and data mining with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources
- Advanced SQL and Excel capabilities
- Facility with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, MS Power BI) and analytics platforms (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Spark)
- Strong analytical / problem solving, research and thought leadership skills with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality service and results
- Strong business operations, project management, initiative, problem solving, time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization, key stakeholders and the executive management team.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Vice President, Chief Actuary - Government Services
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN