Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Staff Quality Assurance Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a highly skilled, technical problem solver; a team player; and have a passion for software quality and customer advocacy. You have an understanding of full technology stack and enjoy digging into code. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment utilizing the latest technology.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Participate as a quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Identify test strategies that transition into detailed test specifications for existing and new features
- Ensure/advocate for delivery of automated tests as part of the development lifecycle.
- Participate in release processes for your assigned projects
- Drive effective and open communication regarding test timelines, schedules and status reports, issues, risk, and product quality across all levels of the engineering and product organizations
- Provide mentorship with your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Ability to maintain a dynamic, complex, and ever-changing test environment
- Bring a fresh perspective by recommending improvements to the QA methodology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance with the ability to read and understand code, and verify acceptance criteria
- Highly technical, with a proven commitment to quality and a solid understanding of test concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience identifying opportunities for automation and implementing robust automated test cases, Python experience preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Experience testing APIs (cURL, Postman, etc) and implementing API automated testing
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting (equivalent Windows/Powershell knowledge a plus)
- Able to write and understand basic SQL queries
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Dedication to collaboration
- Deep understanding of software product cycles
- Patience is key
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana
- Experience with monitoring services such as Datadog and Grafana
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM and containers
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience working with a cloud solution
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
File hosting service