Application Support Expert Level 1
Datto, Richmond, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
The Total Data Protection Company
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
An Application Support Technician provides support for software applications and technologies to a specific target audience within Datto’s suite of SaaS products. These technicians should understand high-level technologies that affect the usage of these products and help to interpret feedback from end-users or address other issues such as account, configuration, and education cases. The Application Support Technician is part of a range of CX staff devoted to making sure that existing Datto software architecture within a business is working well and being used efficiently. Most Application Support Technicians need to be familiar with the range of software-based technologies most commonly used in a partners environment; i.e., web browsers, SQL, Java, front-end development, .NET, etc. At the senior level, you should begin to understand advanced integrations and configurations. The main difference to how application support is approached as opposed to technical support is that Application Support Technicians are generally not listening to fix they are instead listening to recommend. This could be recommending a new product set, feature use, or a different approach to configuring.
You will report to the Product Support Supervisor.
Does This Describe You:
You're a problem solver, an A+ team player, and love a good challenge!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Seek successful resolution of customer inquiries received through multiple communication channels
- Support, log, categorize, and track incidents reported by customers
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and adherence to partner service level agreements
- Log all customer contact in the support ticketing system, maintaining complete information
- Develop strong product and business expertise of Datto products
- Maintain a strong understanding of Datto customer requirements and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure responses and resolutions to customer problems
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to manage customer interactions
- Support a positive team culture based on Datto values
- Identify and report knowledge gaps to SASE1 and PSE2
- Help with sharing, updating and creating knowledge resources
- May be involved with special projects/special team support
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying general and industry-specific knowledge in an energized, team-oriented environment
- One year or more of RMM or similar experience
- Experience managing and responding to multiple issues at the same time
- Computer literacy skills: file system basics, operating system navigation, conceptual network connectivity, Internet and internet browser literacy
- Experience appeasing frustrated or angry customers in a positive, sympathetic, and diplomatic way
- Knowledge of how to approach support issues from a training perspective when needed
- An intermediate degree of comfort with complex integration environments across a variety of configurations
- Willingness to accept feedback to improve skills and further development
- A strong sense of ownership whenever given a problem
- Italian, German, Spanish, French speaker
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.