Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer I to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
About the Datto Software Engineering team…
Our engineering teams work directly with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products to our MSP partners. We speak many languages like Scala, PHP, Java, C#, Ruby, English, French, Spanish, Korean and Mandarin to name a few, but what’s most important is technical excellence agnostic of language. We embrace Agile principles and bring those values to how we work. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Our team embodies these values as we work together to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 4+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, Scala)
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.