Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Datto, Tel Aviv District, Israel
The Total Data Protection Company
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Software Engineer will take a lead role in building next generation advanced threat protection to ensure that our MSP partners and end customers can operate their businesses with confidence. You’ll take advantage of containers and container orchestration capabilities, and design self-contained services defined by API contracts allowing development and testing to act on these components independently. You’ll use prior skills and expertise with Kubernetes and Docker (or equivalent technologies) to help drive and steer this endeavor. At Datto, a Senior Software Engineer is a technology focal point and an instrumental part in the success of short and long-term critical and strategic projects. This is a great opportunity to join the rapidly growing cyber security team at Datto which has been formed from the recent acquisition of BitDam.
Your job function and responsibilities include:
- Lead features from the discovery process, through high-level design definition all the way to implementation and quality assurance
- Design and build a highly scalable solution capable of handling billions of events per day
- Take responsibility and lead the development of multiple components of the system in a dynamic environment
- Join a strong and fun team and be proud of the team’s work and achievements
- Collaborate with the Product and Software Development teams to ensure that the project stays on track and that requirements are being met
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years proven hands-on experience with Python
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and data structures
- Experience with event-driven / microservices development at scale in production
- Experience with building highly available services, possessing knowledge of common service-oriented design patterns, and service-to-service communication protocols
- Experience integrating with APIs and developing applications on public cloud platforms is highly desired (specific experience with Microsoft Azure is an added bonus)
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
More About Datto
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 17,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Generous lunch allowance
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid