Staff Software Engineer
Datto, Kongens Lyngby, Capital RegionDenmark, Denmark
The Total Data Protection Company
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Director, Software Engineering.
Datto is looking for a Staff Software Engineer. Your main task will be to develop and maintain the backend of the service. This includes:
- Communications layer between the Datto Workplace desktop and mobile applications, and the Datto Workplace backend servers.
- Developing and maintaining data models to support a high performance database design.
The job requires that you talk extensively with desktop and mobile application developers and that you become an expert on the communications protocol between client and server. With time you will also need to become familiar with the data structures and algorithms used in the server backend.
Does This Describe You:
You need to be sharp on technologies and have a high motivation for solving highly complex problems. There will be significant technical challenges in the job, since we work with the latest technologies. We are regarded as one of the leading companies in the world in our field.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Engage with other developers in many different technology stacks to find the best solutions to complex problems involving multiple many tasks in flight simultaneously.
- Communication with thousands of agents with minimal latency requires an efficient communications layer. Client developers continuously identify scaling issues that must be addressed at an architectural level in the server backend.
- Datto Workplace data lives in various Cloud backend storages and must be delivered to thousands of clients with minimal latency. Work with DevOps to identify key issues that affect data delivery latency and come up with novel solutions for data extraction and caching.
- You are a computer scientist, IT engineer or similar and you have at least a few years of experience working as Software Developer
- You are highly interested in Cloud solutions and the technologies that drive the transformation to working online
- It is essential to be very experienced with Java, SQL and Cloud solutions
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills, you speak and write English fluently
- Experience with Jira and Gitlab, this is not a requirement
- You have proven in previous jobs that you are able to develop very complex software solutions
- You shall be able to present recent work that demonstrates your skills
- You are a team player that has respect for your colleagues and understanding of what it means to work as a distributed team.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits and perks package in Denmark, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program complete with Datto Swag
- Pension and Insurance Plan
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- LinkedIn Learning
- Datto Academy Learning Platform
- Headspace App Subscription
- Talent Development Team focussed on your career advancement
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit in the office
- Charity match program
- Seasonal company events
- Enhanced paid time off inclusive of family policies
Please reach out to your recruiter should you wish to know more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.