Staff Software Engineer - Azure (BCDR)
Datto, Rochester, NY, United States
The Total Data Protection Company
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
- Design, test and build our Datto Continuity for Azure product.
- Work with product management to develop new features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data backup and recovery for our customers.
- Passionately promote Datto’s core values. Promote collaboration and team growth.
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of continuous improvement.
- Be a positive role model that others want to follow and be inspired by.
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues.
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software
- Experienced developer with strong design and problem-solving skills
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Proficient with developing highly available and fault tolerant distributed services
- Experience with Cloud technologies, ideally Azure
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts
- Exceptional ability to learn and evaluate new technologies
- Exposure to debugging low-level Linux issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience explaining technical concepts to all audiences
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working with public clouds
- Experience developing virtualization technology or orchestrating virtual machine creation
- Ability to influence and mentor other engineers
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.