Staff Software Engineer (Front -End)
Datto, Boston, MA, United States
The Total Data Protection Company
STAFF SWE (Front-End) - SaaS Protection
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Datto, we are a global team. We strive to be a diverse and equitable workplace, where everyone is valued, included, and has equal access to growth and development opportunities to maximize their full potential. We value diverse perspectives and foster a culture of transparency and trust. We will listen to all voices and model inclusive behavior as essential to our core values. We will invest in and empower our employees and partners as they deliver mission critical technology to small and medium businesses.
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
- Design, test and build our Datto SaaS Protection platform.
- Work with product management to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data protection for our customers.
- Work with software and hardware teams to improve Datto SaaS Protection system performance, scalability, durability, and security.
- Develop advanced telemetry to diagnose and debug problems in the field and improve the quality of our software.
- Passionately promote Datto’s core values. Promote collaboration and team growth.
- Be a positive role model that others want to follow and be inspired by.
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of new ideas to drive continuous improvement.
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues
- Work closely with product and design to build from Sketch or Figma
- Build Single Page Applications with high quality and accessible experiences across devices, platforms, and locales
Skills You’ll Need
- Experienced developer with object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software
- Experience with SaaS, SOAP API, RESTful API, and HTTP technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience explaining technical concepts to all audiences
- Functional programming experience
- Scala experience or an interest in learning Scala
More About Datto
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.