As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
We are looking for a Sr. Channel Development Manager responsible for recruiting, growing, and developing Datto partners in a specific territory to drive net new opportunities which result in revenue. The Sr. Channel Development Manager will work with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to ensure our partners are utilizing the resources available to grow their Datto business. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and a substantial success track record in sales, business development, channel relationships, and deliver unique offerings that can be mutually beneficial.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Nurture and further develop relationships with current partners
- Ensure partners in the specific territory are aware of all sales and marketing resources available to them
- Educate partners on how to effectively present Datto solutions to their prospects and current customers
- Plan, recruit and execute end-user events with partners
- Manage a sales and marketing pipeline
- Help partners develop opportunities with existing customers and new prospects
- Attend and participate in team calls with sales team
- Attend User Groups/Marketing Events in the field when appropriate
- Own and drive relationship with Product and Partner Management team to ensure alignment
- Present on behalf of Datto and partner when appropriate
- May perform other job duties as directed by VP of Business Development
- Prepare and present a quarterly business territory plan, including but not limited to; industry event and roadshow execution, alongside the Channel Engagement team
- Five plus years of experience in a software channel development function
- Demonstrated experience working with or for Value Added Resellers, Managed Service Providers, National Strategic Partners Leadership experience in Direct Sales, Business Development, or Strategic Partnership development
- Prior experience in building and executing a strategic account plan both deep and wide across an organization
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic sales environment
- Good Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle various tasks; attention to detail
- Solid hunting skills with the confidence to secure high-value partners
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain C level partner relationships
- Ability to create partner plans with proven experience in execution of strategies
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Experience presenting to large audiences of prospective VARs and MSPs as well as end customers
- Experience using Salesforce.com for opportunity management, activity tracking, and reporting
- Experience in the business continuity space
- 4-year degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 75%
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
About us Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Want to learn more about Datto? Visit Datto's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.