Technology Business of the Year 2017, and one of the hottest and fastest growing start-ups around, Decibel Insight is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Automation Engineer.
Are you looking to move into the automation space from a more traditional sys admin position? Then this is the role for you.
This is a hands on role where you will be solving problems by providing automated solutions. As we grow and scale our platform, we need to automate everything.
As the title suggests, you will be identifying the processes and services that can be automated then working alongside our Senior Systems Engineer and Automation team to implement these changes.
As an Automation Engineer at Decibel Insight, you will be building out our existing vSphere infrastructure and troubleshooting problems as they arise.
You will be working alongside our Senior Systems Engineer and Automation team to continually define and improve our integration and deployment pipelines.
You will coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software.
You will be providing support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Manage and document system configurations
- Identify areas and processes that can be automated and implement necessary updates
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Assist with the installation of new visualisation infrastructure and software
- Collaborate with all members of the engineering team to debug application issues for services running on Ubuntu servers
- Manage and monitor backup processes
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Ensure constant availability of technical resources
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Communicate quickly and accurately with vendors and providers in the event of issues
- Investigate and propose alternative methods and solutions for infrastructure and process
- Review security requirements for company systems
- Integrate relevant systems, subsystems, and people to facilitate success
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required (Master’s preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Exceptional networking and server management skills and knowledge
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Docker and Terraform preferred
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred
- Experience with PHP, Java, Python and MySQL preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Private medical and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday as standard
- The opportunity to work with top global brands – Our excellent existing client portfolio includes brands such as British Airways, LEGO, CVS, Tesco and Experian
- Club Decibel takes care of all your non-work needs: Free healthy snacks, office massages, Friday drinks and more
- Exposure to an exciting, fast paced company that is growing internationally and where fresh ideas and collaborative working are the norm
Our Story So Far:
We’re on a mission to improve digital experiences. Since 2014 Decibel Insight has been enabling the world’s largest companies to understand their customers' digital pain points like never before.
Our technology reveals exactly how users behave on websites, and our ground-breaking machine learning algorithms surface the nature of those experiences - be they good or bad, frustrated or engaged.
Recognition of our efforts have come from the highest levels of the tech sector – including the Adobe Marketing Cloud Innovation Award in 2015, and a premier-tier partnership with the Adobe Exchange Program in 2016 – and is a testament to the increasing importance of our technology in the wider digital market.
The rich and original insight our platform provides is used by clients including Lego, British Airways, EE, Tesco, Expedia, Allstate, CVS and many more. With multiple offices across the UK and US, a dynamic team, cutting-edge technology and $9 million in our first round of VC funding, this is just the beginning.
About Decibel Insight
Agile and innovative Decibel Insight reveals exactly how users behave on websites and apps, making it easy for enterprise businesses to quantify and improve the customer experience across every digital touchpoint. Powered by machine learning, our award-winning technology processes hundreds of revolutionary behavioral metrics – from mouse movements and device rotations, to pop-ups and errors – capturing an accurate picture of every user’s on-page experience. A global solution We're headquartered in London and have multiple offices across the globe. The world’s largest brands – including Lego, General Motors, Gucci, British Airways, and AllState Insurance – use Decibel Insight to pinpoint opportunities to improve the customer experience and collaborate across their organisations to put the customer first. Recognition of our work has come from the highest levels of the tech sector, including the Adobe Marketing Cloud innovation award, and is testament to the increasing importance of our technology in the wider digital market.
Want to learn more about Decibel Insight? Visit Decibel Insight's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist Intern – Computer Vision
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior IT Specialist (Contract)
Staff Frontend Software Engineer
Senior Engineer - Chassis Mechatronics
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
SigFig, San Francisco