Scientist - Computational Biology
Deep Genomics, Toronto/Boston/San Francisco Bay Area/Remote North America Only
Creating A New Universe Of Genetic Medicines
What you will do ?
- Aid the design of wet-lab experiments to investigate novel and existing RNA regulatory mechanisms.
- Analyze high-throughput drug and sequencing data (e.g. RNA-seq, CLIP-seq, MPRAs, Perturb-seq) to help build machine learning models and design novel antisense oligonucleotides.
- Apply machine learning models to design novel antisense oligonucleotides.
- Interrogate how antisense oligonucleotides interact with regulatory mechanisms to achieve its effect.
- Develop fast and accurate predictive workflows to support target validation and preclinical proof-of-concept for our oligonucleotide therapeutics.
What do you bring ?
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computational Biology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or Physics), or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience with the development of novel algorithms/analysis pipelines for integrative analysis of genomics or other biological datasets.
- Ability to design experiments, formulate hypotheses based on data, uncover causal mechanisms, and visualize data.
- Working knowledge in machine learning modelling (e.g. neural networks, Bayesian methods, random forests, clustering).
- Proficient in Python or R.
- You are a great communicator, highly organized and are willing to adapt to new situations quickly.
- Comfort working with limited supervision in a fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment.
Nice to have:
- Post-graduate experience (postdoc or industry).
- Experience with RNA biology or antisense oligonucleotides.
What we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs).
- A wide array of company-paid benefits.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside the world’s best team.
- An opportunity to work alongside a bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
About Deep Genomics
Deep Genomics is using artificial intelligence to build a new universe of life-saving genetic therapies. The future of medicine will rely on artificial intelligence, because biology is too complex for humans to understand. At Deep Genomics, our geneticists, molecular biologists and chemists develop new ways of detecting and treating disease using our biologically accurate artificial intelligence technology.
Want to learn more about Deep Genomics? Visit Deep Genomics's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.