Scientist - R&D RNA Biology
Deep Genomics, Toronto, Ontario
Creating A New Universe Of Genetic Medicines
What will you do?
- Utilize different gene expression assays to screen oligonucleotide compounds for their effect on target RNA and/or protein levels.
- Interrogate how oligonucleotides can be used to impact expression regulation at the transcriptional, post-transcriptional, and translational levels using techniques including, but not limited to: reporter based assays, protein/nucleic acid pulldowns, or RNA stability/nascent RNA measurements.
- Routine culture/treatments of iPSC derived neurons, hepatocytes, and other in vitro models and cell lines.
What do you bring?
- A PhD in the biological sciences with at least 2 years of postgraduate experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Graduate or postgraduate experience in developing assays to interrogate RNA biology.
- Graduate or postgraduate experience with standard techniques in molecular and cell biology including, for example, general cell culture, genetic manipulation of mammalian cells (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9), DNA/RNA/Protein isolation and analysis, cell sorting, ELISAs, RT-qPCR.
- Great communication and organization skills and comfort working with limited supervision in a fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment.
- Outside-the-box thinking: a creative and innovative mindset.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working with antisense oligonucleotides, iPSCs, neural stem cells, hepatocytes, or immortalized/cancer cell lines.
What we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs).
- A wide array of company-paid benefits.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside the world’s best team.
- An opportunity to work alongside a bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
About Deep Genomics
Deep Genomics is using artificial intelligence to build a new universe of life-saving genetic therapies. The future of medicine will rely on artificial intelligence, because biology is too complex for humans to understand. At Deep Genomics, our geneticists, molecular biologists and chemists develop new ways of detecting and treating disease using our biologically accurate artificial intelligence technology.
Want to learn more about Deep Genomics? Visit Deep Genomics's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.