Associate Director of Statistical Genetics
Deep Genomics, Remote US
Creating A New Universe Of Genetic Medicines
What will you do:
- Prioritize large-scale genetic datasets that offer the greatest potential for target discovery
- Lead our efforts to find novel targets (and rediscover established ones) by applying variant effect predictors to whole genome sequencing data; and by optimizing and extending our fine mapping pipeline for GWAS results
- Collaborate with the curation science team and the validation team (within target discovery) to advance targets in our therapeutic pipeline
- Partner with the bioinformatics and software engineering team for cloud based data analysis and results visualization
- Provide input to the predictive systems department for the development of novel variant effect prediction models
- Build and manage the statistical genetics team
What do you bring:
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, or related discipline
- Extensive post-graduate experience (>5 years), including a solid publication record
- Multidisciplinary background and interests, conceptual understanding of machine learning
- Scientific leadership and/or mentorship experience
- An inspirational and energetic working style, coupled to the highest standards of scientific rigour and integrity
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and commitment to innovation Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior management experience (including both technical/scientific leadership and people management)
- Industry experience with target discovery
What do we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs)
- A wide array of company-paid benefits
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside the world’s best team
- An opportunity to work alongside a bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
About Deep Genomics
Deep Genomics is using artificial intelligence to build a new universe of life-saving genetic therapies. The future of medicine will rely on artificial intelligence, because biology is too complex for humans to understand. At Deep Genomics, our geneticists, molecular biologists and chemists develop new ways of detecting and treating disease using our biologically accurate artificial intelligence technology.
Want to learn more about Deep Genomics? Visit Deep Genomics's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.