Research Associate - In Vivo
Deep Genomics, Toronto, Ontario
Creating A New Universe Of Genetic Medicines
What You Will Do
- Set-up and maintain multiple mouse lines, both wild type and transgenic - including setting up breeding cages, Ear notching and tail clipping, and performing regular genotyping
- Perform routine procedures such as IV, IP and subcutaneous injections
- Perform micro-dissections and surgeries such as embryo harvesting and ICV injection surgeries
- Performing survival surgeries on rodents, specifically mice
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Daily record keeping and monitoring of post-op animals as needed
- Collecting various kinds of samples as needed
- Interface with preclinical development teams to anticipate and develop animal models to fit our research needs.
What You Need
- A BA/BS in animal science or life sciences
- 1-3 years of experience performing multiple types of surgeries on mice, along with basic post-operative care
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment
Nice To Have
- Veterinary Technician certification
- CALAS/ACSAL certification
- A good grasp of CCAC guidelines
- Previous experience working in BSL-2 areas
- Previous experience working in a high-growth and/or biotechnology company
About Deep Genomics
Deep Genomics is using artificial intelligence to build a new universe of life-saving genetic therapies. The future of medicine will rely on artificial intelligence, because biology is too complex for humans to understand. At Deep Genomics, our geneticists, molecular biologists and chemists develop new ways of detecting and treating disease using our biologically accurate artificial intelligence technology.
Want to learn more about Deep Genomics? Visit Deep Genomics's website.
File hosting service