Mid-level Software Engineer
Def Method, Def Method - Home office
TOGETHER, WE WILL BUILD SOMETHING GREAT
Mid-level Software Engineer at Def Method
New York, NY
About Def Method
At Def Method we believe in the integrity of our engineering, the utility of our products, and the solutions we provide for our customers. As consultants, we apply XP, agile, and user-centered design principles to help our customers large and small bring their products to life.
Value prop of this role
At Def Method, you get to work on a variety of projects, solve coding challenges and work with a team of language-agnostic experts who’ll have your back. You'll promote diversity, inclusion, and understanding within your team. We know you’re not just hands on a keyboard. You have ideas and we’ll want to hear them.
What you’ll bring
- Proactive and enthusiastic commitment to customer best interests and ongoing process improvement
- Generalist flexibility to adapt to customer environments and bring consultative expertise
- Effective communication with the Def Method team and with customers, and willingness to give and receive growth-oriented feedback
- Desire to learn and work with a range of technologies (for example, Go, Swift, Kotlin, and Clojure)
- Knowledge of and experience with agile software development principles and associated practices (including test-driven development, pair programming, design patterns, and refactoring)
- Strengths in web development or native mobile development, with a desire to expand personal range
How you'll spend your time
- Making software in small teams with active customer involvement
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders
- Helping team members and the company as a whole improve through your input
- Learning from and with colleagues as we seek to make the best software we can
Why we love working here
- Great pay and benefits — comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation, unlimited sick time, and 1 month of paid time off for professional development
- Very minimal travel, if ever
- We’re community-centric and find ways to give back
- Remote first work culture
We promote diversity, inclusion, and understanding within our team. We constantly strive to build a company as diverse as the city we live in and the customers we support.
This position may be performed remotely if approved by the Company from anywhere except the State of Colorado.
About Def Method
About us Def Method is an NYC-based software consultancy focused on agile development and transparent project management. Founded by an industry veteran, Def Method focuses on delivering high quality technical solutions for small startups, multinational corporations and everything in between. The team of top NYC-based engineers focuses on the difficult problems and helps to apply deep technical skills in order to deliver results. By focusing on both product and process, Def Method can help your teams optimize efforts and successfully build something great. We look forward to partnering with you!
Want to learn more about Def Method? Visit Def Method's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!