For the earliest possible start date we are searching for a highly qualified
Staff Pathologist (m/f)
join our Translational Biology and Medical Science team in our Munich, Germany office.
- Providing Pathology support to all Definiens teams in their daily work including tissue annotation and cell / cancer classification (on slides and images) including related Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA)
- Supporting service and project work with customers and Definiens teams
- Making medical/pathology related decisions and recommendations at all levels in support of the related business objectives
- Applying pathology concepts that contribute to development of company concepts of Tissue Phenomics and Digital Pathology to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways
- Supporting various ongoing assay and imaging platform development projects across the company
- Serving as the medical representative on core project teams
Qualifications & Skills
- Medical (M.D.) or veterinary degree (D.V.M.) and board certified in anatomical/surgical pathology or similar qualifications
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in tissue biomarker discovery and analysis (if possible in pharmaceutical/diagnostic industry)
- General knowledge in tissue diagnostics (histology, cytology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, molecular pathology, genetics)
- Familiar with digital pathology and digitization is of advantage
- Proven track record in cancer diagnostics (oncology)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High level of self-motivation and good team working skills
This is a challenging and rewarding position within a pioneering company that works with cutting edge technologies. We offer a modern, creative and international working environment with highly motivated and well-qualified colleagues, team spirit and excellent working conditions with comprehensive benefits and ongoing professional development opportunities.
For more information, please visit: www.definiens.com.
We improve patient lives by unlocking the tissue phenome In oncology, therapeutic strategies have shifted from a direct assault on cancer cells to recruiting the immune system for that purpose. Our mission is to accelerate breakthroughs for this approach by helping scientists leverage Tissue Phenomics to deepen understanding of disease biology and immune system mechanisms, to bring multi-omics data into a cancer-relevant context, and to facilitate the translation of new insights into novel therapies and treatment strategies. Our vision is to create unique patient profiles for an individualized standard of care, where patients experience fewer side effects and live longer. Discover more. We offer a powerful quantification system to transform tissue image data into insights, paired with unique data-mining methods that open new opportunities for biomarker discovery. Integrate all. Our work is the essential link to integrate all ‘omics data with clinical outcomes. We bridge molecular events and phenotypic effects to create validated tissue signatures that match patients and therapies. Rely on us. From the seed of an idea to its launch as a product, we support every step with meaningful knowledge and powerful tools that advance drug or diagnostic development and their transfer to the clinic. How we partner Our work model builds on a simple premise: Tissue Phenomics strengthens results, from biomarker discovery to clinical development and meaningful diagnostics. We bring Tissue Phenomics to you, seamlessly integrate into your processes, and act as your reliable, science-driven partner along the way. Our history Taking a ground-breaking technology that dramatically improves the information that can be extracted from histological images, Nobel Laureate Dr. Gerd Binnig founded Definiens in 1994. The goal? To create new opportunities for discovery and advances in oncology and immuno-oncology. Since then, Definiens technology has been used in thousands of projects, yielding results that have accelerated drug development and produced over 650 peer-reviewed publications. In 2013, Frost and Sullivan recognized Definiens as Company of the Year for Global Tissue Diagnostics and Pathology Imaging. Definiens is now an international company with over 100 employees worldwide, and headquartered in Munich, Germany and Cambridge, USA.
Want to learn more about Definiens? Visit Definiens's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Microsoft Platform Architect
Pivotal Software, New York, New York
Sr. Platform Architect Security Lead
Pivotal Software, Washington DC Metro
General Assembly, Austin
Head of HR
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Back End Engineer