When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
- Responsible for Compensation and Benefits program development, implementation and improvement. Partner with the HR teams to share knowledge and develop local plans to implement global compensation and benefits initiatives.
- Acts as the Compensation and Benefits lead for the employee reward lifecycle, including bi annual reward reviews, Benefits plan design and Stock plan design and processes.
- Working with Senior Managers to build a detailed understanding of the Compensation and Benefits environment in line with business strategy. Develop and deliver communication and feedback mechanisms to ensure employee and manager knowledge of Compensation and Benefits programs is at a high level.
- Lead market analysis, reporting and tools team to ensure local competitive market data is analysed periodically, results interpreted, and strategic action plan built.
- Identifies market trends and develops proposals to ensure we remain competitive, including partnering with Recruitment and their candidate data.
- Leads bonus plan design and stock best practise within the business.
- Supports the periodic Rem Co meetings.
- Overall program design and management of the Benefits program, ensuring competitiveness of all programs.
- Ensure cost, compliance and competitive positions in the local markets regarding Compensation & Benefits.
- Identify areas of long-term strategic development with the Compensation and Benefits environment, build business cases and support their implementation. Research issues and develop compensation and benefits solutions to key business challenges.
- Establish and maintain a close partnership with Finance team members in the areas of budgeting, planning process, and setting up and managing processes around exception request for Compensation.
- Review of regulatory/statutory provisions and make program changes to ensure compliance.
- Become an external representative to the community and industry by attending Compensation and Benefits forums to gain knowledge of best practices and the competitive landscape in Compensation and Benefits.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current employment legislation and Compensation and Benefits Practices.
- Responsible for conducting Area education/training on Compensation programs and practices.
- Supports Senior Leaders and HR Leads with retention and exceptional recognition efforts.
- Minimum 10 years of broad based and progressive experience in Compensation and Benefits, ideally in a fast paced, growing tech company.
- UK, European and International Compensation and Benefits experience, including a range of HRIS systems, ideally including Work Day.
- Outstanding execution and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset but willingness to be hands on and bring a strong sense of what operational excellence looks and feels like.
- Strong attention to detail, highly analytical with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Strong customer service skills and collaborative approach to work and problem solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions and generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Ability to inspire confidence in senior leadership and other managers through timely delivery of information and plans, working independently of senior leadership, but consulting when appropriate.
- Familiarity with best practices for people processes and experience in coaching managers through these processes and leading these practices, when necessary.
- Desire to continually improve processes and exceed employee expectations.
- Strong business acumen, attention to detail and strong sense of logic.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, probe, analyse and present solution driven results.
- Advanced Excel, Google Sheets and Word.
- Experience working with a sophisticated HRIS required, experience with Workday is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Learning and Development Specialist
Hotstar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Manager, Talent Sourcing
DoorDash, San Franciso, CA
Lead Technical Recruiter - Design
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Client Platform Engineer
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Technical Recruiting Lead
Lyft, San Francisco