Senior Sales Operations Manager
Your favourite restaurants, delivered fast to your door.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The role of the Senior Sales Operations Manager is to lead different projects for the Global Commercial function. You will work alongside the Regional leads to identify the biggest opportunities in the regions, and help to deliver an excellent implementation of all new commercial projects and tools rolled out by the central team. To do so, the role relies on strong collaboration with the local teams, in particular the Heads of Commercial and the Business & Operations Strategy Managers in each country.
- Identify commercial opportunities - You will work with the the Regional team to identify new strategic frameworks and processes that need to be put in place globally.
- Analysis - Do thorough analysis to identify the best approach for the commercial opportunities.
- Project Management - You will build from scratch and then roll out different projects aimed at improving profitability and driving efficiency across different commercial teams.
- Training - Expert in processes and tools, you will be the key point of contact between the Central team and the local commercial teams for any question or support need related to the use of Salesforce, Yesware, Docusign, Outreach, but also the update of different models used by the commercial teams. You will also be responsible to flag and address any issue or difficulty encountered by the local markets.
- Communications - You will make sure that the key information related to Sales Ops Strategy is shared across all markets, by helping coordinate the communications with the local commercial teams.
- Reports to the Director of Global Sales strategy
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - is able to quickly identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be; knows when to get more data vs when to just make a call
- Decisive - makes good decisions quickly, sticking to them unless there’s an excellent reason not to
- A creative problem-solver and “fixer” - is able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- A great relationship builder - has a passion for building strong relationships across different cultures, working styles and timezones, and is able to quickly gain the trust and respect of others
- Able to keep many plates spinning – is able to stay on top of a wide range of topics across multiple markets, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others (including balancing the need to fix burning issues, without losing sight of the bigger-picture)
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Consulting experience, with a strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills - ability to work with multiple stakeholders in different countries
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Application Performance Engineer
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Senior Business Development Manager PL
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
London: Team Leader
Senior Manager of Transportation
Glossier, New York, NY
Robotics Software Engineer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA