Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200+ cities in 13 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
We are looking for an experienced Country Manager to lead our business in Taiwan, taking Deliveroo all the way from launch to long-term market dominance. As Country Manager, you will be tasked with building and running a world-class team across the areas of Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Operations and Customer Care. We are looking for an executor with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail orientation, a healthy dose of creativity, and a true passion for our business. We like to move fast, and so should you.
- Provide leadership on a day-to-day basis to a nascent team and develop that team into a high-performing unit with a strong sense of unity and a definitive desire to win
- Full P&L ownership of our Taiwan business
- Establish the Deliveroo brand as a household name in the market, reaching one of the highest levels of awareness within the industry
- Drive business growth, in-line with targets and market opportunity
- Obsessive focus on understanding what drives and motivates customers, restaurants and riders and consistently iterating solutions to address
- Determine and understand the fundamental drivers of market dynamics for the Taiwan food industry and translate this knowledge into an actionable strategy for growth
- Foster collaboration throughout the organisation, understanding the benefit and importance of strong central / local collaboration
- Act as a role model for people by displaying the right values and behaviors to achieve the vision
- Ensure the right systems are in play to acquire, onboard and secure a large pool of restaurants/riders - and ensure consumer demand grows at a similar pace
- Make smart decisions based on data and facts, and be resourceful about procuring the right data points from our internal systems and external stakeholders
- Public and external representation of Deliveroo in the Taiwan market
- Pedigree education with a strong commercial background
- Natural high intellect and quickness of thought to understand and dissect complex and often unclear or evolving opportunities
- Track record of successfully running teams in a fast moving, consumer facing, technology-led environment
- Broad personal expertise in operational management, business development, national/ international expansion, market growth
- Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations. Comfortable with high-pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Deeply analytical - embraces a data-driven approach to problems, pointing to right metrics and numbers, to back-up decision making
- Experience mentoring and developing talent to rapidly achieve growth goals - helping Deliveroo strengthen its leadership position within the market
- Strong leadership profile - hands-on, federative, gets people to rally behind him/her
- Detail oriented & determined with a rapid execution mentality
- Track record of value creation and exponential growth
- Organised and concise, with a personal resilience to tackle challenges and opportunities relentlessly
- Resourceful outlook, creative, open minded and entrepreneurial
- Team oriented at all times, with excellent interpersonal skills, down to earth and fun to work with
- This role is based in Taipei
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Key Account Director - USA
Principal Data Scientist
Customer Operations Engineer - Sydney
Commercial Manager, Restaurant Partnerships
Iterable, New York, New York, United States
Modern Times Beer, Portland, OR