When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Catering Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the operations of one of the most strategic projects at Deliveroo for Business. You will need to:
- Assist our clients: Prepare and send daily menus, gather team orders (including allergy requirements and requests for labeling), and place the orders.
- Ensure tailored experience: You will liaise with the restaurants and caterers and the relevant internal teams to ensure the orders are tailored to the clients’ requirements (allergy requirements, labeling…)
- Organise and oversee operations: You will liaise with other departments (mainly Operations and Customer Support) to eliminate the opportunity for substandard performance by proactively tackling issues and ensuring the successful delivery of large corporate orders.
- Live monitoring: You will monitor large orders in real time to ensure the service we deliver is outstanding.
- Analyse and improve processes: You will contribute to understanding the operational challenges around these use cases and help to improve the existing processes, as well as implementing new ones.
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will be:
(Remember, this is just a guide, and if you see something you can’t tick off… good, you can learn here)
- Proven executor - able to take an idea, make a plan and get shit done.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Multitasking - the ability to tackle several complex problems without missing a step.
- Problem solver - able to take ownership, solve problems, and keep a cool head in challenging situations.
- Strategic - use the information available to you to build a plan with clear goals.
- Structured thinker - take problems and your ideas to solve them and make them into a coherent action plan.
- A first experience in a customer facing role.
- Attention to details.
Preferably a good level of spoken and written French, Dutch & English.
- An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sleep Specialist (Retail Sales Associate) - Portland (Washington Square)
Casper, Portland, OR
VP of Strategic Sales North America
Zuora, San Mateo
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Installed Base Sales Specialist - Entry Level
SonicWall, Tempe, AZ
Knotel, Knotel Washington DC
Gather, Atlanta, GA