What we do
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat.
To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Content, Research and Design team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As a Product Designer at Deliveroo, you will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice
- Shape product strategy and vision together with product managers
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve, and we’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. Design spans every aspect of our product and our operations, and during your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering.
- Enjoy mentoring others in their professional development as designers
- Have several years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
You don’t need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and the work you do.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Internal Tools
Rocket Lawyer, Ogden, UT
Product Manager - Growth
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Partners
Box, Redwood City, CA
Product Marketing Manager
Ematic Solutions, Makati, Manila, Philippines
Lead Product Manager
Vimeo, New York, NY
SAM Labs, SAM Labs HQ