What we do
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat.
Come and help us understand our customers, riders and restaurants better.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Content, Research and Design team defines how customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Based in London, our work as researchers takes us to restaurant kitchens in Paris, riders in Amsterdam and customers’ homes in Singapore.
What you might work on
As a User Researcher at Deliveroo, you'll work with teams across the entire company to help them build understanding of the people they serve every single day.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning, delivery and analysis of research projects that support and inform your team's work both in the short and long term
- Shape strategy and vision for your product area together with product managers
- Contribute to cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better – including improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you. You'll contribute new techniques, methods and ways of working that the team can learn from.
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve. We’re fortunate to be in a company where User Research is truly valued across the organisation. So during your time at Deliveroo, you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Exploring how we can work better for our Restaurants
- Understanding how we can make our apps better for Riders
- Gathering insight on how Customers think about ordering food
- Spending time with our Employees so we can make better tools for them
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly when needed. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Are analytical, empathetic, and a great listener (but also a good conversation starter!)
- Have an innate understanding of people, their motivations and thought processes
- Have several years' experience working in User Research
- Have experience working on both formative and evaluative research projects
- Have experience in a wide range of methodologies, e.g. interviews, diary studies, ethnography, surveys, usability testing
- Are comfortable presenting research findings to senior stakeholders, and working with them to inform business and product strategy
- Ideally have a degree in psychology, sociology, or related discipline - although this is not required
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour
What you can expect
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Product
Instacart, San Francisco
Life Science Product Specialist
Quartzy, Quartzy HQ
Lead Product Analyst
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Data Platform
Narvar, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Financial Infrastructure
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Revenue
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA