Software Engineer, Marketing Automation
Your favourite restaurants, delivered fast to your door.
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation. This isn’t just something we want, it’s something we need to cope with the growth that our business is experiencing.
We know we can dramatically increase the natural growth of the company by taking advantage of well-chosen engineering.
We are looking for a passionate marketing automation engineer who would be in charge of building the machine that will take care of extracting the most value from our marketing campaigns, letting our human marketing team focus on the creativity and judgement calls that humans are good at. This is an excellent opportunity to build a new team and work on the design and implementation of such software.
The Growth team at Deliveroo has a tremendous reputation for being one of the most dynamic, fast-paced and diverse teams in the whole organisation. Engineers, marketers, data scientist, CRM executives, product managers, designers, all of us working with the same mindset, grow the business and build better products for our customers.
We are responsible for taking experimentation to the next limits and transform the most promising ones into new opportunities for the business. As well, we do improve the customer communications and pioneering new ways of to market our brand and product.
- Provide technical guidance and advice for development across all our Performance Marketing platforms, working with the Product Manager and Marketers to ensure the future of our Performance Marketing product is well designed, scalable, and cutting edge.
- Act as the technical lead on the project using automation to increase the efficiency and capabilities of our Performance Marketers, and our performance marketing channels
- Work closely with our data scientists to find the best ways to integrate and use internal algorithms with our performance marketing channels
- Provide domain-specific advice and guidance to other engineers working in the performance marketing team
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- Experience designing and implementing robust and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with TDD environments (RSpec, Minitest, Capybara, Selenium)
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Experience integrating APIs from different ads network (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience working with Google DBM or other programmatic campaign tools
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Mobile Developer Experience
Slack, San Francisco
Usermind, Belgrade, Serbia
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Greenhouse, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
GitHub, Remote - United States
Full Stack Software Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires
Software Engineer, Homefeed Infrastructure
Pinterest, San Francisco