Rider Engagement Associate
Your favourite restaurants, delivered fast to your door.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 11 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re here to give our riders an unparalleled experience. There are thousands of Deliveroo riders in Italy and as we continue to grow we work to create a 360° great experience to riders.
The Operations team is the foundation of our business. Through localising our international strategy and product, they source and manage a growing fleet of delivery partners and ensure the efficient and rapid delivery of our orders from our vast network of restaurant partners, to our increasing pool of hungry customers. Deliveroo has experienced tremendous growth in the past year and we are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team, who will be able to set strategy, structure and manage a team but also get into the details to identify future opportunities.
As Rider Engagement Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to raising the bar on how we build a compelling Rider proposition / brand and engage meaningfully with Riders in order to develop programs and initiatives that add value to our operating model.
You will report directly to the Head of Rider Engagement. Specifically, your role will involve the following responsibilities:
You will need to:
- Monitor rider sentiment and operational metrics across Italy, report and contribute to a strategy for engagement
- Own initiatives from ideation to completion, implementing innovative campaigns to increase rider engagement and retention while testing and learning to optimize and scale existing programs
- Run online and in person events with riders in Italy
- Work closely with stakeholders in the Deliveroo Italy and Central teams, and external partners to launch key rider engagement projects in the market
- Assisting in creating quality content for our rider community website and social media
You will be based in our office in Milan and part of the Operations team, reporting to the Head of Rider Engagement
- Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience in relevant positions
- A self-starter attitude that’s able to quickly adapt to changing processes and priorities
- Ability to influence and work with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Italian native speaker and proficient in English
- A proven ability to organize successful events
- Ability to work and coordinate multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
- An empathic attitude: you know how to listen and collect feedback effectively
- Familiarity with the social media and communication tools
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
We offer to all our employees:
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym and other allowances to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About us Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Want to learn more about Deliveroo? Visit Deliveroo's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos