Demandbase, San Francisco, CA
WE ARE DEMANDBASE The only marketing cloud purpose-built for B2B
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will assist with the general accounting activities of Demandbase, and play a critical role in the accounting/finance department. You will have the opportunity to interpret and apply emerging accounting principles to a variety of issues and transactions.
What you’ll be doing:
- General Ledger - assist with month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries and month-end bank/GL account reconciliations
- Consolidations - ability to prepare consolidating trial balances, inter-company eliminations and foreign currency adjustments
- Sales/use tax administration – manage Avalara returns
- Stock compensation administration – Assist with record keeping of Demandbase’s stock option plans, and quantifying compensation expense
- Support external auditors and tax accountants
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years accounting experience at a SaaS company
- Understand the concept of GAAP versus non-GAAP reporting & reconciliation
- Data analysis/management/transformation capabilities
- BS/BA degree in accounting or related field
- Intaact and/or Avalara experience are a plus
- Professional certification (CPA) is a plus
- SQL/report-writing skills would be ideal
Why join us?
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
ABOUT US Demandbase is passionately dedicated to helping B2B marketers achieve greater business impact. Our journey began almost a decade ago, when we started mapping IP addresses to companies. This focus on helping marketers identify and target their most important accounts paved the way for the creation of the Account-Based Marketing category. Since then, we have continued to lead the way by helping marketers leverage innovative technologies to solve their greatest challenges and drive results. We now offer the most comprehensive set of ABM solutions on the market. Our success is based on three areas of focus: 1) continue to expand and refine one of the largest B2B databases in the world, 2) never stop innovating our products and technology, and 3) always be an advocate for B2B marketers. We continue to live up to these ideals, expanding our technology to include Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and other tools to help companies scale their ABM strategies. At Demandbase, we truly believe that we are in a golden age for B2B marketers, with new innovations regularly disrupting the way we acquire and retain customers.