Principal Security Engineer
Demandbase, San Francisco, CA
WE ARE DEMANDBASE The only marketing cloud purpose-built for B2B
What do industry leaders like Adobe, American Express, Box, Salesforce.com and SAP have in common? They all use Demandbase solutions to power their business-to-business (B2B) marketing!
Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of loyal, blue-chip customers that’s growing every day, we’re in a phase of pre-IPO growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. If you thrive on innovation and working with the best in industry, you’re probably a good fit for us.
As the Principal Security Engineer you will help create and maintain automated tooling, processes, and procedures that integrate into the Demandbase SDLC process. To apply for the role, you should possess strong analytical, design, and problem diagnosis skills. You like thinking “outside the box”, are not afraid of ambiguity, get excited about difficult challenges, and are a motivated self-starter. You are a strong team player and thrive in a startup environment where flexibility is essential and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions is paramount.
- Develop custom software to help test, monitor and enforce security across our products and internal applications
- Manually test web applications in the attempt to exploit known vulnerabilities that would not be discovered through automated scans
- Work closely with product engineering, data engineering and QA teams to integrate security testing and code review into the SDLC
- Perform audits on internal and open source libraries for inclusion in our products
- Help to validate, address, and document responses to security findings from third-party vulnerability and penetration testing
- Utilize data to help generate insights into potential threats, and using this information to architect solutions
- Build frameworks to provide secure defaults to engineering teams and tools that will automatically scan and detect security problems.
- Conduct periodic internal software security audits
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist Demandbase product and data engineering staff with the finer points of application security
- Review implementation code of projects; identify security flaws, suggest and implement remediation tasks.
- Provide security guidance and experience to Demandbase product and data engineering teams
- Developed security tools in Python, Ruby, or Scala
- Static and Dynamic Analysis techniques experience (developing models or executing analysis tooling)
- Experience implementing complete solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools
- Comprehension of the OWASP Top 10 and similar standard vulnerabilities
- Software engineering experience in production environments (Ruby on Rails experience is a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of web application vulnerabilities and attack methods such as CSRF, XSS, SQL Injection, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS security implementation guidelines
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Why join us?
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization (we recently closed a $65M round of funding)
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM). The company offers the only Artificial Intelligence-enabled, comprehensive ABM platform that spans Advertising, Marketing, Sales and Analytics. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Grainger, Salesforce and others use Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase was named a Best Place to Work by SF Business times in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and Glassdoor’s Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2016. For more information, please visit https://www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
ABOUT US Demandbase is passionately dedicated to helping B2B marketers achieve greater business impact. Our journey began almost a decade ago, when we started mapping IP addresses to companies. This focus on helping marketers identify and target their most important accounts paved the way for the creation of the Account-Based Marketing category. Since then, we have continued to lead the way by helping marketers leverage innovative technologies to solve their greatest challenges and drive results. We now offer the most comprehensive set of ABM solutions on the market. Our success is based on three areas of focus: 1) continue to expand and refine one of the largest B2B databases in the world, 2) never stop innovating our products and technology, and 3) always be an advocate for B2B marketers. We continue to live up to these ideals, expanding our technology to include Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and other tools to help companies scale their ABM strategies. At Demandbase, we truly believe that we are in a golden age for B2B marketers, with new innovations regularly disrupting the way we acquire and retain customers.
Want to learn more about Demandbase? Visit Demandbase's website.
Jobs You May Like
Graduate Software Developer - Sydney 2019
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Mercari, Palo Alto, CA
Software Platform QA Engineer (SDET)
SigFig, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Compute Team - Dublin
Software Engineer, Graphics and Computational Geometry
Carbon, Redwood City