Business Development Manager Marketing Automation
The heart and mind of your digital business.
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 600 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
We support companies to get started with marketing automation or get more out of their existing platforms if they have one already. We solve engagement, retention and loyalty challenges using our expertise on both the technology and creative side. We work with our clients to drive new marketing automation opportunities that will increase their revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our data driven mindset combined with technical and creative expertise puts those opportunities into practice.
We are a new UK entity and are part of Dept, a fast growing network of international digital agencies. There is an ambitious growth plan for the MA business in the UK. This role will join at the early stage of development and will be a critical role in making it a success. You will be number 2 in the team and in this role you will be driving the acceleration of growth together with the Managing Director UK. The MA agency in the UK is part of a European operation that is currently rolled out across the Netherlands and the UK first.
Our team will be based in London but we will cooperate within Dept with the other UK based agencies in Manchester and London and with our sister operation in the Netherlands (Rotterdam).
The BDM is a key role in enabling Dept to achieve its ambition in the future development within the Marketing Automation industry. In this capacity you will be working closely with the UK MD.
As BDM, you will be responsible for driving the acquisition of new clients through your own leads, contacts and other business opportunities.
In the role, you will be responsible for selling the Marketing Automation proposition to prospects both inside the Dept network or outside by collaborating with our technology partners.
Together with the MD you will represent the business as a whole and therefore it is important that your work attitude is aligned with our core principles at all times. You will be consultative in your approach, conducting your role with integrity and humility.
What will you do?
- In close collaboration with the Managing Director you will develop strategies and plans to identify, develop and close new business opportunities
- Drive new business development in the UK & Ireland, ensuring that sales targets are met and exceeded
- Be creative in sourcing and developing new business opportunities
- Manage a consistent pipeline of new and progressive opportunities, of a size and quality to achieve the set sales target
- Create pitches for clients, develops the insights to win the business and work with the MD to finalise and deliver pitches
- Building up a solid understanding of prospective customers their needs and challenges, ensuring you are well prepared to align our services to our prospect their needs
- Once prospects turn into clients you will drive a proactive approach to work with clients in identifying new opportunities to grow our share of services
- Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of industry (competitors’ and clients’) activities
- Influencing prospect decision making in a manner which educates the customer and builds up their trust in our expertise
- Developing C-level relationships with potential customers
- Manage and develop a stakeholder network within the client that goes beyond your initial point of contact in the longer term.
- Promote our services and identity during business development events (own or partner)
- Once prospects sign up you will work collaboratively with our Delivery Team in the on-boarding and hand over of new clients to guarantee a seamless transition.
What you will bring (Skills and/or Experience)
- BA / BSc Honours degree
- Up to 5 years of a strong commercial track record with demonstrable success at securing new business and increasing client revenues
- Passion for marketing automation / CRM and the opportunities it offers to brands - selling this in a way which will enthuse and excite the customer
- Agency, consultancy or marketing automation vendor experience in business development and / or client services roles.
- Evidence of consistently making good sales decisions, which have resulted in closing fruitful business deals of considerable size
- A consistent and data driven sales approach, qualify and close at every stage of the sales process to help enforce a successful sales pipeline
- Experience in marketing automation / CRM and how this can solve some of today’s and future biggest challenges for CMO’s, Head of Marketing, Digital
- Understanding of the sales process and how this works with various MA technology partners – preferably you have worked with some of these yourself before in driving sales opportunities.
- Problem solving skills; able to think on your feet, challenging the norm and allowing you to give relevant and personalised solutions to customer based on your knowledge and experience when put on the spot
- Consultative sales skills, giving open answers and addressing issues head on with integrity and humility
- Strong presentation and pitch skills combined with enthusiasm for MA and your flair to close successful pitches at senior stakeholder level.
- Determination, you are the type of person who is stubborn and will chase opportunities especially when faced with objections.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, additional languages a bonus
Our core principles
We do things properly - We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best - We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest - We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team, and the clients we work with.
We trust each other - We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together - We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Remuneration & Benefits Package
Excellent package dependent on experience
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit Dept's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Manager, Influencer Marketing
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Marketing Intern - Columbus
Yelp, Columbus, OH
Marketing Program Specialist (Maternity Cover)
Qualtrics , Dublin
CityBase, Chicago, IL
UK Business Operations Manager
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Product Marketing Manager
Eventbrite, Berlin, Germany