Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organisations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralised consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Manchester, Boston and Zaragoza. We are a team of 70 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks has just joined an international group of leading digital agencies, Dept, helping to expand its international presence. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Overall Purpose of the Role
All junior developers joining Building Blocks start in the DOS (Digital Operations Services) Team. The DOS team form the foundations of Building Blocks as an organisation. The DOS team are responsible for supporting a large number of clients across an array of services from development of small scale projects, development of additional features to existing client sites, bug fixing, release management and technical support issues.
The DOS team is where you learn your trade. You will be given intensive training and support while you learn to deepen your technical skills and knowledge. You will be taught and work with the latest tools. This is a varied role where you will be working on a different piece of work each day.
- You will work on bug fixes and technical support issues
- You will provide work estimates to the DOS Technical Lead
- You will provide regular updates to the DOS Manager on your work
- You will provide support to the wider DOS team
- You will strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace
- You will deliver technical presentations to internal staff
- You will strive to continue to improve your craft
- You will ensure that client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date
- You will ensure Building Blocks best practices are followed (Coding quality, security, scalability, performance etc.)
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- Have a related degree e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development etc.
- Have had exposure to Microsoft .Net using C#
- Have experience of building websites and / or web applications
- Have experience using source control (Git / SVN / BitBucket)
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection
- You will be confident and happy to ask for help
- You will be happy working to deadlines to ensure project timelines are met
- You will be willing to go above and beyond to complete your work where necessary
- You will be self-motivated and able to manage your own workload
- Have knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Have knowledge of unit testing frameworks such as NUnit, MsTest etc
- Have knowledge of or worked with a CMS such as Tridion, Sitecore or FirstSpirit
- Have knowledge of MVC architecture and methodologies
Our core principles
We do things properly - We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best - We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest - We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team, and the clients we work with.
We trust each other - We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together - We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Salary and Benefits
Excellent package dependent on experience
No Recruitment Agencies
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit https://www.deptagency.com/
Jobs You May Like
QA Software Tester
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
Tech Support Engineer (日文專長)
Web Development Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, New York, NY
Relevance Engineer (New Grad)
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Research Scientist - Algorithms Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
General Assembly, Los Angeles