Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
Building Blocks is part of Dept - an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 600 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is made up of the agencies TamTam, Expand Online, a friend of mine, Second Degree, Building Blocks, Studio Dumbar, Be Excellent, Trust Agents, Unskippable and ebrella. The network has 600 employees, a combined turnover of over €60 million, and offices in Germany, UK, US, the Netherlands and Spain.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The developer works with a technical manager and solution architect to deliver high quality .NET code for projects across multiple client accounts. You will be relied upon to adopt and evolve Building Blocks coding standards to produce world class enterprise web applications.
You will receive exposure and training on best-in-class enterprise products across many areas such as content management, customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning, commerce, data management platforms and many more.
You will benefit from working with passionate like-minded individuals who enjoy a fast-paced work environment with an emphasis on enjoying what we do and doing it well. You should expect to be challenged, but equally we expect you to challenge us with your ideas and opinions on how we continue to support our clients with great work.
We are looking for creative individuals who are assertive and detail-oriented. Ideally you have awareness of the evolving technological landscape – especially in .NET technologies and web development specifically. Active participation in the development community such as open source development, stack overflow, and/or maintaining a blog is desirable.
- You will be responsible for solving challenges with code.
- You will work with clients and colleagues alike to help translate business requirements into technical specifications whilst being prepared to challenge requirements when there are implications that may have not been identified previously.
- You will constantly learn with fellow team members while providing guidance, support and mentorship to those who can benefit from your knowledge and experience.
- You will work with the wider project team to deliver well scoped and developed solutions according to the clients’ needs.
- You will embrace the opportunity to make an impact on the way we work if you feel there is a better way of doing things.
- You will take pride in producing well written, maintainable code that applies the SOLID principals and meets (or ideally exceeds) the requirements without over-complicating the task.
- You will embrace what you don’t know and the learning experience to gain knowledge in new areas.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- Ability to demonstrate experience with C# and .NET including frameworks such as MVC.
- Knowledge of the specific language and frameworks and differences between versions is desirable.
- Ability to convert high level business and technical requirements into a detailed task specification and to execute it within a timely manner.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and practical experience applying them in previous work.
- Knowledge of SDLC and how to collaborate with other developers
- Experience working with versioned source control such as GIT. Awareness of continuous integration and automated build processes is desirable.
- Good communication skills for both internal and client facing discussion.
- Familiarity with interoperative integration & application programming interface – particularly RESTful web service integration.
- Ability to demonstrate assertiveness and detail-oriented and pragmatic approach to software development.
- Experience with CMS concepts and platforms. Experience or exposure to Enterprise platforms such as SDL Tridion, Sitecore etc would be advantageous.
- Familiarity of enterprise concepts such as CRM, ERP, ESB, DMP, PIM etc and practical experience in working with them.
- Knowledge of componentized and modular web development.
- Anything that you feel differentiates you from your peers…
Our core principles
We do things properly - We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best - We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest - We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team, and the clients we work with.
We trust each other - We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together - We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Remuneration & Benefits Package
- Tax-free commuter benefit
- Medical & Dental plans
- 15 days paid vacation
- Individual training allowance
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Opportunity to play bass or drums. Metallica fans need not apply (joking!)
Email your CV to [email protected]
No Recruitment Agencies
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit Dept's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Developer Consultant
Def Method, Def Method - Home office
VP of Engineering
Architizer, New York, NY
HealthTap, Palo Alto & San Francisco
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Ads Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Engineering Manager, Web
Patreon, San Francisco
Lead Client Success Engineer, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA