First and foremost a technology company, Tricode (part of Dept) is renowned for their engineering capabilities. We design and build scalable platforms that improve online functionality and are intuitive for our clients to manage efficiently day-to-day. For us, performance is key and our team are on hand 24/7 for support.
Our implementation of industry-leading enterprise Content Management System and Digital Experience Platform technologies enables our clients to deliver great online experiences with speed and efficiency. Together with Building Blocks, Tricode are the CMS technology experts within Dept, an international leading network of the world’s most respected digital agencies.
From our offices across Europe and the US, over 600 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is made up of the agencies TamTam, Expand Online, a friend of mine, Second Degree, Building Blocks, Studio Dumbar, Be Excellent, Trust Agents, Unskippable, ebrella, Webfactory and Tricode. The network has 600 employees, a combined turnover of over €60 million, and offices in Germany, UK, US, the Netherlands and Spain.
Overall Purpose of the Role
As a Senior Developer you can be asked to participate in all facets of the development process: preparing functional and technical specifications in cooperation with the client, analysts and/or other parties involved, making good analyses of the technical feasibility and associated costs and timelines, and thinking about the design of the architecture of the project. You can go through these facets independently, as well as in collaboration with others. You communicate well with various parties, and you are capable of making, recording and fulfilling clear agreements.
Within the development tasks of your team, you are expected to be proactive in the use and recommendation of processes, procedures or tools if a situation requires this. You focus on quality, knowledge sharing and documentation and you offer improvement ideas for the team. It is expected of you that you convey this in a coaching way, keeping in pursuit of living up to the existing agreements.
Finally, in your senior role you are expected to have a commercial view on the industry. You are interested in ongoing client affairs and you look for solutions and opportunities, adequately responding to these opportunities and ensuring proper follow-ups.
- You will act as a specialist in the field of Java middleware development for the purpose of system integration of back office systems and web storefront systems for web marketing and e-commerce applications.
- You will develop complete software components based on UML specifications.
- You will translate functional specifications into technical components and you will be creative in coming up with the best technical solutions for the requested wishes and requirements.
- You will be convinced of the benefits of unit testing and apply this correctly. You have extensive experience in writing automated tests using jUnit or Selenium and perform these tests frequently and skillfully. You check and measure test results and start actions to deploy appropriate test methodologies and tools to your own discretion.
- You will make effective use of tools for bug tracking, version control, automated testing and automated build systems.
- You will set up business rules, quality standards and nonfunctional requirements.
- You will set up, modify and clarify build streets and you have demonstrable knowledge of tools, components and design patterns that are common within the build street. Based on this, you are capable of providing recommendations regarding the architecture.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the concepts in the field of Object Oriented Analysis, Design & Programming and Design Patterns and apply these concepts actively and correctly.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), REST (based principles) and marshalling and SOAP web services and XML.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of Java Server Pages and Java servlet programming, web services development, web services / application integration and relevant web protocols.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of web application unit testing.
- You have extensive knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) techniques.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of techniques such as mind mapping to help business analysts.
Our core principles
We do things properly - We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best - We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest - We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team, and the clients we work with.
We trust each other - We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together - We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent package dependent on experience
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit https://www.deptagency.com/
Jobs You May Like
Associate and Mid Level Engineers, Gaming & VR
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Software Engineer, New Grad
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineer - Engineering Services
Qualtrics , Seattle
Software Engineer, Mobile (iOS)
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Product (Full Stack)
Mixpanel, San Francisco, Seattle
Sr SE PHP (Poland)
Workfront, Poland (remote)