For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Front-end Developer that can successfully transform the dream design of our clients into a well-functioning platform.
As a Front-end Developer, you will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites and strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. You will ensure the client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date and you will continuously strive to improve your craft.
You will work in a young environment with clever minds that work for a variety of clients such as CIPD, Guinness World Records, Warner Leisure Hotels and Butlin’s. Yes, we are eager to aboard the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who toasts with us to a successful week.
- Are an expert with HTML and CSS and are comfortable writing JS or jQuery;
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection;
- Have experience of responsive website development including component development, templates, grids / breakpoints & pattern libraries;
- Have experience or awareness of CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and/or SASS);
- Have experience or awareness of task runners (e.g. Grunt and/or Gulp) and using source control (Git);
- Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes;
- Are aware of modular approaches to HTML markup;
- Ideally have experience of building for a CMS;
- Have experience with React, Angular or similar is beneficial;
- Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday - at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday - once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Site launch lunches - a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and BB pick up the tab;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands - a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 750 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit Dept's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Security Engineer
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer, Payments
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Front-End Web Developer
Blue State Digital, DC
Field Sales Engineer
Samsara, Various US locations
Mobile Software Engineer - Android
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina