Internship Visual Design
Dept, Amsterdam / Rotterdam
The heart and mind of your digital business.
What if you’re the type of person that loves to create perfect designs, colour schemes and typography, that is looking for an internship at one of the coolest digital agencies on the face of the earth? Well... you’re in for a treat!
Please note: to be eligible for this internship you are required to be living and studying in the Netherlands.
We’re looking for an awesome visual design intern with a true creative heart & soul, that wants to kick some visual design ass with our Amsterdam and Rotterdam teams. We promise you, you won’t feel like you’re on the set of a boring office sitcom or trapped in an 80’s office supply store. Go have a look.
During this internship you will hit the ground running as if you’re the Usain Bolt of visual design. We will give you all the attention, feedback, guidance, gifs and high fives you need to become a professional that stands out. We’ll make sure your talents reach their full potential and when you finish working with us, you’ll have heaps of experience in visual design and working with A-list clients. And of course you’ll have a portfolio that makes you want to give yourself a standing ovation. We’ll give you one too, just to be sure.
As a visual design intern you’ll be part of our Design Campus, which is our special training program to mold you into becoming the best of the best. It ensures that you’re not getting everyone coffee all the time or have to start an involuntary love affair with the printer.
Ain’t nobody got time for that, because you’ll be busy joining workshops, exchanging ideas with your mentor or attending trainings from the prized ponies of the industry.
Who are we? We are Dept, a young, award winning and straight up lit digital agency. We make sure big clients such as Bol.com, Chocomel, Netflix, Nivea and Univé get their digital groove on in the best way possible. To become a Depster, we are looking not only for talent and expertise, but also for the perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspire and get inspired, and wants to create a better (digital) world. Someone who is all about the future and isn’t afraid to speak their mind - whether that is to share design ideas or ask who wants another beer on Friday.
Please submit the motivation letter in English.
- Defining a visual identity for a client with our experienced Visual Designers
- Transforming a visual identity into a usable interface
- Designing responsive interfaces based on wireframes made by a UX designer
- Showing off your designs in animated keynote presentations
- Apply motion to your designs
- Are passionate/crazy/nuts about visual design;
- Have command of English language;
- Have an impressive portfolio or have worked on a number of cool projects;
- Have a strong sense of colour, design and typography;
- Have experience in working with leading design & prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe Suite;
- Get excited by digital Style Guides and Design Systems;
- Ask questions, crack occasional jokes and enjoy small talk;
- Want to work on projects for awesome A-list clients;
- Are just as driven and enterprising is our other Depsters;
- Are available from September 2021 for a minimum of 4 days per week, for a duration of 6 months;
- Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat;
- You love social media, advertising and technology.
- An open culture;
- A work from home setup facilitated by us;
- The opportunity to develop and grow into a true professional;
- Intensive guidance and full membership to the team;
- A decent internship allowance;
- A dazzling Vrijmibo and legendary team outings*.
*Please note that during COVID-19, we are abiding by government restrictions in place relating to social distancing and gatherings. Hence, at this stage, in-person events and gatherings will not take place. We look forward to being able to start these again at some point in the future. In the meantime, we are still finding creative ways to still celebrate, connect and enjoy with our team remotely.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept. A digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data together. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 1,500 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Formula E, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. www.deptagency.com.
Apply now via Whatsapp, send us your resume on 06 824 42 120!
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit Dept's website.
The social news and entertainment company.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer/ Sr. Product Designer, Growth
Evernote, Redwood City, CA; Austin, TX; Bothell, WA; San Diego, CA;...