We are looking for a Solutions Architect who wants to help us build engaging experiences for our global clients. The role can be based UK wide.
As an Architect, you will be “the expert” on the team, responsible for designing the underlying solution architecture and overseeing development all the way to production. You are an interface between the development team and the business, providing an engineering perspective on our clients’ roadmap goals and helping them to understand and balance scope and priorities along. You will help your team understand the roadmap goals and champion them.
This is a hands-on role, and you will promote technical best practices by example through your own work as well as mentoring and code reviews. You help your team find ways to achieve challenging goals without cutting corners. You are not afraid to tackle technical debt and find the right opportunities to do it while communicating the benefits to our clients and the rest of the team.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At Dept, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Are a skilled Solutions Architect or experienced Senior Developer who is experienced in developing large Content Managed websites and online commerce stores;
- Have experience of working on enterprise .Net projects, integrating with multiple 3rd party systems;
- Have knowledge of client-side frameworks such as ReactJS, VueJS and AngularJS;
- Are fully capable of designing, owning, and running the technical implementation of a complex project with multiple integrations or challenges;
- Capable of running and directing a small team for a substantial project;
- Informed and knowledgeable about latest developments and trends in enterprise application development and SaaS solutions;
- Aware and able to articulate industry trends and new technologies internally and to clients;
- Already have basic knowledge of process modelling and software architecture;
- Have experience of optimising existing applications to maximise performance;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – written and oral;
- Able to organise your own tasks and responsibilities.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, and development
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments are provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4 pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in Dept, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: Dept is a certified B Corporation and it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and clients, but on society as a whole. Find out more about our positive impact
Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept. A digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 2,000 thinkers and makers spans 15 countries across five continents. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Patagonia, Bugaboo Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more.
Hello, we are Dept — an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 500 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We are a family of specialist agencies that combine international scale with the agility and knowledge of local specialists. Each agency is a leader in its own field, with its own team and personality. Together we share the same DNA and work in seamless, multi-disciplinary client teams. With a creative heart and a data-driven mind, our teams offer our clients whatever their digital business requires: innovative ideas that transform businesses; timeless digital platforms; game-changing use of data; operational support for global teams, and campaigns that people won’t stop talking about. If it has anything to do with digital, we make it happen. The digital pros that fill our workspaces get their pleasure from creating award-winning magic on both the small screens and the big ones. They feel at home in boardrooms, design experiences that make people smile, and write code as though it’s their native language. We don’t like fear or laziness; if everything seems under control, we’re not going fast enough. So here’s to tomorrow — we’re ready for it.
Want to learn more about Dept? Visit Dept's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world